Sunday 16 October 2011

Bunny Nugget

Here's little bunny nugget - he measures 2 inches high.  Isn't he adorable?!?

He's made from 4ply wool and size 2 dpns. Oh my, using such small yarn and needles was a CHALLENGE.  I had to rip him up and start again a few times.  You can tell I did the right hand ear second just by how much neater it is. His ears are 6 cast on stitches, knitted on the dpns. The best way I found was to have a book under the needles - to keep them straight in their little triangle.  Otherwise they became twisted which meant I had to start all over again.

The pattern does not specify the size of yarn - so if you want a bigger bunny, use 8ply wool.  Luckily my daugher has asked for a middle sized bunny next...Phew!


I found the free pattern via a blog, via twitter. Its from Rebecca Danger's blog.  She has some other free patterns of cute creatures.

I've ravelled my little project here, it includes the pattern link. I'd love to know if you knit one...and I should warn you, they are a tad addictive.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, he's very cute and I love the colours you've used! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your leaving a comment. I love connecting through my blog with other crafty people and I love reading your blogs too.